Saturday, March 04, 2006

Birds of the Highlands

Just managed to squeeze in a day away from the cities on a day trip to see the famous Loch Ness in the highlands of Scotland.

The route was absolutely beautiful with great views of the Mountains and the Lochs.

Armed with my new Nikon D50 I had the time of my life clicking this Robin in the most perfect settings. (This has to be one of my best snaps yet).

This Blackbird posed as quiet a challenge in this image with a bit of snow in the foreground.

This one was an ID-cruncher. Though I finally settled with a Song Thrush. (The Mistle Thrush is dangerously alike but is slightly greyer with white underwings).


This is the famous LOCH NESS where the supposed Dragon lives. Though I did get to see her, the birds kept me more than happy.

No comments: