Thursday, April 26, 2007

De Hoge Veluwe National Park (Re)visited

Yesterday I went to De Hoge Veluwe National Park in province of Gelderland, here in the Netherlands. This 55 sq. km park has many kinds of habitats and is a great place to watch birds. However, since I had gone there with my school our main aim was to see the Kruller Muller Museum housed at the heart of the Park and the St. Hubertus hunting lodge designed by famous dutch architect Hendrik Petrus Berlage.

So the little birding I did manage was en route (and while at) these buildings.

Barn Swallow (Hirundo rustica) -
- The swallow are back announcing the arrival of summer!!
Pied Wagtail (Motacilla alba)

Pied Wagtail (Motacilla alba) and a female Blackbird (Turdus merula)

Pied Wagtail (Motacilla alba)
Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs)

This however, was my second visit to this beautiful park. (Check out some snaps from my previous trip there by clicking - HERE )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent article, nice pictures