Sunday, July 30, 2006

It's great to be able to go back to SGNP

I sneaked in a small birding session with my birding guru 'Addie the Birdie' and good old birding pal 'Nature lover Vidya' on my two day halt in Mumbai at my ex-Sunday home SGNP.

It was great to be back in the forest that formally introduced me to the wonders of nature along with the people who taught and learned with me how wonderful our mother earth is. And what's great about this Urban Forest is that it still holds a lot of surprises for everyone. I had two such experiences today - 1. These fresh Leopard pugmarks (below);

2. A LIFER in one of the most beautiful songsters of the world of birds. The amazing - Malabar Whistling Thrush (Myophonus horsfieldii). Seen in one of the famous Kanheri Caves.


Below a few assorted insects.



And I'll end with a image of the beauty that the Monsoons create every year in the park.

No comments: